Monday, January 2, 2012

Texas Christmas

Over New Years weekend, we traveled down south to Georgetown, TX to Grandma and Grandma Bowermans. Santa found us there and delivered a few more gifts for Elijah and us to enjoy. We even got to spend time with Uncle Andy!

Uncle Andy encouraging Elijah to TEAR IT OPEN!

Goofy Uncle Andy

One of the awesome new pullovers Elijah got from G-ma and G-pa
 The weather was so wonderful while we were in Georgetown, we couldn't resist one of our 5+ mile walks through the neighborhood. I was even able to run a bit with our new (replacement) jogging stroller. It's even better than the first one that was totaled by the airlines.


 On New Years Eve, Matt and I were able to leave Elijah with G-ma and G-pa for the evening and enjoy a wonderful dining experience at Wild Fire. We enjoyed bacon wrapped scallops, jumbo shrimp, sea bass and more! Yum yum.

Happy New Years Eve!
 Unfortunately, with Elijah fighting off a horrible upper respiratory cold, teething and then some, I had to cut my night short to sooth the little guy. After three hours of crying, G-pa suggested taking a car ride and thankfully at 1130pm, it did the trick. Elijah passed out and we headed back to the house. Upon arriving, Matt came out to get Elijah out of the car and as I was trying to quietly shut the car door and head in, I accidentally slammed the door on my thumb. What's worse is that I completely shut the door. Latched and sealed right on my thumb. No pictures necessary on the blog. It was as bad as it sounds. What a New Year!

Thankfully, the next morning, after Ibuprofen 800mg and a bit of rest, we started a new day off to a much better start. Grandma even made a gigantic batch of her AMAZING chocolate chip cookies, which almost didn't make the trip home;) Elijah even helped out with the measuring cups.
Baking with Grandma and Abby

Gnawing on the measuring cup with our newly emerged tooth!!!
What a Christmas/New Year adventure. After a short visit, we made it back to lovely Lawton and have been recuperating since. Elijah still has a nasty cold, but hopefully is on the tail-end of it. Matt and I are also sick, but not too bad. My thumb is still attached and I'm no longer wishing it was just amputated! Ah what a way to bring in the new year with a bang!!! OUCH!