Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happenings in Florence

We've been doing all sorts of fun things since we've been in our new town. I think I really like it here, and I love that we're in the apartment because the kitties don't have very many places to hide. I know right where to find them and I'm a fast crawler, so I can catch up to them much easier now. I also got two new toys since we arrived, since most of my toys are in storage until we find a home. One of the toys is a big wooden box with activities on the side and top. I do a good job opening and closing the little doors on one side and I'm working on spinning the alphabet blocks. I also got my first drum set and, well, I'm awesome.

Lately, to keep busy and entertained, Mom has been taking me to Ebeneezer Park, the Rail Trail (a running/walking/bicycling trail), Barnes and Noble to read together and Mom and Dad even took me to my first air show. It was so much fun, despite not getting to see any planes fly. I guess they didn't take off until late afternoon, after I had gone down for my afternoon nap. Oh well, we'll catch them next time. We've also been hanging out with the Hanners Family, especially since their son Eli is only 5 or 6 months younger than me. I enjoy trying to teach him some of the things I know. In addition to all of these fun activities, we've also been going to the pet store to see the fish, birds and kitties just for fun.

On the weekends, we spend a lot of time in the pool and I'm really getting the hang of this swimming thing. I'm pretty sure that I'm doing a great job and with some more practice, I should be able to do it on my own someday. I'm definitely a water baby and I'm not afraid to blow bubbles in it!

At the Hanners home

Not a great picture of Mommy, but I was really enjoying their pool!

Daddy's little man at the air show


Reading date at Barnes and Noble
At Ebeneezer Park with Daddy

I really love to swing

I love working on complicated math problems


I'm pretty cool...kind of a big deal really

Go deeper Daddy!!!

Checking out the birds! I love the pet store.

Working on my lacrosse skills with Daddy